2012 In Retrospect


This year began with me officially starting in my new job since we had the month-long training in December of 2011. From then on, I have developed skills which enabled me to stay in the company and perform according to what’s expected, or even beyond. Nice people came along, like Weng, Jans, Maui, Simon, Olive, Sachi, Maria, and our supervisor Chris. They all made work more fun (comic most of the time!).

One of this year’s surprises is the comeback of a special friend in April. This person would always set part of his day to call. For some reason, I just found it easy to share any story with him, and the day wouldn’t be complete without us hearing each other’s voices. His famous lines are “(I want you to know what’s happening in my life) good or bad,” “pag maayos na ang lahat,” and “Hindi ako mawawala.” Though we rarely meet, there are just too many good memories, pictures and cartoons included. Becoming best of friends, we promise to support each other in all our endeavors and to improve individually to get even more matured in handling challenges. And our previous fights? No more in 2013. ;-)

My major achievement (which he’s also proud of) is the M.A. candidacy exam on September 21 which the four of us successfully handled. Efforts during the review sessions paid off, and also created a unique friendship among Febbie, Hazel, Joseph, and me.

Close to the examination date is the family trip to Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I have also blogged about this and the reasons that make it worth repeating. Now that’s another thing to look forward to!

I was also able to travel to Caramoan in Camarines Sur with officemates Danna, Gin, Liss, and Raine. A first time for all of us, it’s certainly among the memories and places we won’t forget in our lifetime.

The past few months saw me embarking on a new journey – writing the thesis proposal draft and being able to meet with the adviser I wished for. This is such a wonderful blessing.

As we welcome 2013, I’m thankful for finding the things that sustain my ambition and interest. No boring moments. No time to waste. With God always on our side, there could always be reason to celebrate life.

Popular Posts