My 7th Trip to Baguio

Never mind my tonsilitis. I am still going to make the most out of this!

My trips to Baguio have always been significant because of the memories attached (of childhood, my high school church org, college friends and love past). So today, I am back to the place where I never thought I'll be. With it comes realizations of how much time has changed me, the things I valued too much to let go, and the dreams I dreamed for myself. In due time, maybe I could be more specific about this place in Baguio. If you know me too well, you'd know. :)

So it's as if I'm making peace with my past, just because fate brought me to it when I'm ready. As Gianne said, "it has gone full circle." I don't know what will happen next, but whether it will happen or not is not for me to worry about.

Kaya tama na ang seryoso at bumalik tayo sa dating Merrywanna. Ito ang mga kalokohang naganap sa araw na 'to:

1. "Sumbrero"
Itay: Maganda sana 'tong sumbrero dahil natatakpan din ang tainga 'pag malamig. Kaso... Nabibingi ako.
(Tawanan kaming mag-ina.)
Ako: Pili ka na lang 'tay. Giniginaw o nabibingi?

2. "Tenderloin"
Waiter: Order n'yo sir?
Itay: Isang tenderloin steak.
Waiter: Anong luto?
Itay: Plain rice.
(At ito ang pinang-asar namin kay itay maghapon.)

3. "Driving School"
Galing sa carpark ng SM...
Inay: Tandaan mo anak, sa A-1 tayo daraan mamaya.
Ako: Saan kaya ang practice driving ng mga nag-eenroll sa A-1 Baguio? Zigzag agad?! Baka puro sa Session Road.
Inay: Trapik doon. Kumikita kaya sila?
Ako: Siguro 'pag may nagtanungan kung saan sila nag-driving school, mapapa-"Wow! A-1 Baguio ka? Astig!"

4. "Kapre"
Habang pabalik sa tinutuluyan, nagkatakutan.
Inay: Baba na kami ha.
Itay: Sige una na kayo. Maninigarilyo pa 'ko.
Inay: Sige ka, baka may mangalabit diyan.
Itay: Nyay! Mag-aalok ng tabako eh!

At siyempre, bumili ang nanay ko ng walis sa Baguio. Pinabitbit sa tatay ko. Sa patayong pagkakahawak niya, parang naka-national costume tuloy.

Comments

Popular Posts