What's Your Scent?

Lately, fragrances caught my fancy. At 27, I'm not sure if it came late but you know that there are points in our life when we crave for certain things - Barbie and Polly Pocket when we were kids, Genevieve boutique when we were teens, gadgets when we were in college, and then of course bags and shoes. I was never really into buying or even just trying out brands of perfume since body mists, cologne sprays, and EDTs were my options. I was also not too discriminating as long as the fragrance is not heady, unpleasant in the dry down, and is also age-appropriate.

I wouldn't say that my taste changed drastically or that I am already willing to spend on designer perfume. In fact, my scent of choice for everyday use is Moschino's I Love Love which is still Eau de Toilette. Others which I liked but never really bought for myself are Versace's Yellow Diamond and D&G Light Blue.

For work or school, I often wear:

1. Paper Dolls & Co. Potion - Serenity cologne spray
2. Paper Dolls Collection Midnight Wish eau de toilette
3. Victoria's Secret Love Spell body mist ( cherry blossom, peach and white jasmine)
4. Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea fragrance mist

Wanting to learn more about scents, I came across  The Fragrance Wheel where Michael Edwards classified smells by the dominant accords which give each a character. It shows connections among families of scents, where each group blends into another as its composition is changed. Here, I just outlined the classification:

1. Citrus family
2. Green family - reminiscent of crushed leaves and stems
3. Water family - marine notes offer the freshness of air after a thunderstorm and the purity of sea air
4. Floral family: Soft Florals, Floral Orientals
5. Soft Oriental Family
6. Oriental family - exotic, plays upon sensual oriental resins, rich flowers, warm vanilla and plush musks
7. Woody Oriental
8. Woods family: Mossy Woods, Dry Woods
9. Aromatic Fougère - a universal family, it includes elements of the spicy sweetness of a floral oriental, the ambery richness of an Oriental, and the mossy wood notes of oak moss and sandalwood.

When deciding on perfume, let an hour pass after applying. After it has faded a little, it will reveal the scent which will last for a longer period of time.

The journey is just beginning so let's go ahead and explore! I wouldn't choose to confine myself with one signature scent. There are also times, they say, when it's better to not wear perfume and just let your natural scent linger.

Comments

Jeff Villanueva said…
Dati, cool water lang ang ginagamit ko, ngayon yung alcogel na sa banyo... Honestly speaking, hindi ako nahilig sa pabango siguro kasi mabango na ang pawis ko...
MJ Conti said…
You're an eagle man, indeed! Haha.

Popular Posts