Renewing My Driver's License

I planned to process the renewal of my driver's license one month prior to its expiration date. I'm happy with my experience because it was convenient to take the online exam at home and the onsite process only took two hours. Upon completion of the steps, they handed me the plastic card, not a temporary paper license!

Here are the steps:

1. I created an account in the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS), the online portal that houses modules and license renewal application, among other resources.

2. I took the exam which required 80% correct answers in order to pass. I scored 92%. (Wink wink)

3. I searched for an LTO-accredited clinic for the checkup and issuance of medical certificate. There's one inside the mall near us.

4. I was called inside the clinic shortly after paying Php 600 for the checkup. My blood pressure, weight, and vision were checked. They immediately issued a medical certificate.

5. Beside the clinic is the window for payments. License renewal costs Php 585. After this step, they gave me a queue number for capturing biometrics. This was when I had to wait an hour or so because there were many applicants. That was a Monday.

6. We were called by batches to enter the LTO office. After fingerprinting, the staff asked if I want a new photo or to just stick with the old one.

After a few minutes, they already released my license card with a validity of ten years.

Comments

Popular Posts