Pasikat

Campaign paraphernalia? Got lots of them. To the point of suffering "adhesive" impulses. (Read: Name it, I'll paste / glue / attach / stick it.) During the campaign period in our campus, I incessantly hunt for surfaces (/ people) on which (/on whose skin) I could put these stickers. Trees, unguarded walls and benches, gates, classmates' notebooks, to name a few. In the spirit of my Enerva-inspired Last Song Syndrome, I attempted to buy a vote. Having brought out a 20 peso bill instead of a candidate's pin, I told my classmate: "Iboto po natin si ________ sa darating na eleksyon." We simultaneously pulled the doomed bill. It happened quick as lightning, and I was holding only half of it. By instinct, I pulled my packaging tape out of the bag... to my blockmates' protest. Someone kept an eye on me for a minute or two.

If there's one important technique we should learn from campaigns, that would be the repetition of names for easy recall. Por ejemplo, "Ako po si Roberto Berto Mabagos."
***
NBA cards, expensive set of colored pens, sticker albums, Polly Pocket, and worst, autographs of Disney characters. Can you think of other things that children used to show off in class? (Having mentioned those articles, I'm speaking of my elementary days, way back during the '90s.) I admit that there had really been occasions when I envied those guys. I should have not. Tell me now, where have all the coloring books gone?
***
"Diliman Week" was hardly felt. Students like me have merely observed that the academic oval was closed for a week. While taking the pleasure of a long walk there, somebody asked me if the closure was due to the ascending coup. And I had the nerve to reply, "Hindi, selebrasyon kasi ng Diliman week ngayon." Thanks to the tiangge beside AS, which added to the fun.
***
My friend's jaw dropped when I said: "Mahirap ding bumoto ng panget na kandidato 'noh? Siyempre iisipin ng iba na kung sarili niyang mukha hindi maayos, paano pa ang kapakanan ng unibersidad?" Oops, I don't have anybody in mind ok? Honest! Mag-react violently, panget. Hihihi. In fairness, I haven't noticed a single ugly face among the posters naman e.

Comments

Popular Posts