I LOVE SATURDAYS !

On times like this, I could just stay at home, spend time dilly dallying with mom and spare myself from the hurly burly of productions. Here, my mom just handed me an ice-cold bottle of Cali.

Funny thing last night, I went to see the UP Fair FOR THE FIRST TIME... with sweetie, Juvy, Aira, Ate Ethel, Kuya Erwin, and Erdie. The thrilling part: Walking from Sunken Garden to Commonwealth. I just regret that I haven’t introduced my boyfriend to best friend Meline yet.

Taking a break, I read a helpful article by Abby Rebong in the The Philippine Starweek. Here’s a digest of her stress relievers:
1. Take deep breaths. Faced with a challenging or frustrating situation, instead of letting out expletives, blaming, or quitting, close your eyes and take long deep breaths ‘til you’ve calmed yourself down. Once you are able to think straight then you can plan for the best remedy. Before, the tension of working with uncooperative people made me cry during a live program. Soon I realized that’s it’s just a matter of communicating and rehearsing well (and sometimes breaking the silence and bringing it up with your superior). Things run smoothly now. Instead of complaining, we should always adopt a solution-oriented approach.

2. Sing, listen to music. If you are in the office then just put on your earphones and listen to your playlist ‘til you feel better. At home? Here’s your chance to crank up the volume of your stereo and sing your heart out. (My dad, mom, and I divided the expense of buying a new stereo among ourselves. With that, I told dad that if volume is until number 15, he can only play up to volume level 5. ^_^)

3. Enjoy a good, long bath. If on weekdays, you rush in the shower, now take advantage of a real BATH to freshen up.

4. Write in your journal. Let it all out in a pretty, pink journal or in your ever-reliable blog.

Abby left a warning though: Emotional eating will do you no good. My favourite line: “A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!” Don’t binge when you are not doing A-okay.

Another reason for loving Saturdays? I can concentrate on migrating friends from Friendster to Facebook.;o)

Popular Posts