Unforeseen Attachment

I endeavored to delete my Friendster account this week. I being excellent at meeting deadlines, the account that I’ve had since first year college is already removed from cyberspace. It wasn’t easy though. Proceeding from Friendster blog, to testimonials, to looking at my friends’ profiles one by one. Photos came last in my list of deleteables.

Some realizations:
· Most friends included me in their “featured.” Though I’m not sure how to interpret this, it just made me smile that they did.
· There are friends who have not communicated for the longest time. I think it’s nobody’s fault. Oras lang ang naghiwalay sa amin.
· I’ve always had that desire to clean up memories before starting somewhere else, no matter how tedious the process can be. For instance, I didn’t mind reading letters or diary pages one by one, just to make sure I’m ready to tear them into pieces. I don’t leave without staring for the last time, not because I want to save a relationship, but just to know what I’m letting go and to embrace that fact.

And though with uncertainties, I love this road I’m taking. There’s no looking back. Absolutely no room for regrets.

Popular Posts