Comb Fetish



In my birthday post last year, I shared about Dad's gift which was a Hua Mulan comb made of ox horn. And after ten months, I lost it! So sad... because we've been through thick and thin! It soothes the scalp and I believe it helped me maintain the shine of my treated hair. But it's water under the bridge so I decided to just drop by the store again at SM Annex in North EDSA to check out other natural materials for combs.

In the product write-up they mentioned the following benefits according to Chinese traditional medicine: Minimizing hair fall and breakage with less friction, promoting circulation and release of hair’s natural oil making our hair grow faster, reducing stress, relieving headache, and minimizing sprouting of gray hair.

In the hope of finding my old one, I just got the most affordable Sandalwood comb (Php 180). The most expensive was made of goat horn and I saw additional benefits of minimizing the greying of hair, healing fever and migraine as it is therapeutic. But having tried it, I found more comfort in using ox horn.

Oh I really miss that black comb with the hand carving.

Popular Posts