Thoughts on My Birth Month

Not only is this the time of midyear sales and celebrating Philippine Independence Day but also, my birthday!

So I'm still in that thirty something range as my blog intro says. Most people consider it late but this is the first birthday I'm celebrating as a married woman. This is also the period when people would assess themselves: Am I happy with what I've achieved in my career so far? Have I obtained the material things that I wished for when I was younger? Am I now stable in all aspects? There could be a lot of expectations but what I can say is I'm grateful for where God put me in right at this very moment. I've always believed that His plan is greater than mine. With all the twists and turns, I couldn't have said two or three years ago that this would be where I'd be. Even though I consider myself organized/a planner.

The answers to those questions? Skipping the details, I would say that my work is something to be thankful for because it survived the pandemic. Before, we never imagined that the nature of our job is something that can translate well to a work from home environment. For material possessions, no, I still don't have a house to call my own. Just our home sweet home for now. Stability in all aspects? I'd say that to a certain extent, yes, especially for mental wellness which we need to be conscious of amidst the challenges of every day.

At this point, I'd continue to work on the goals I've set and appreciate the journey. There would be bad days but it won't define us.

In the meantime, let me share some birthday photos!













Comments

Popular Posts