Some Reflections About Time

So you're here, month of June. You make me reflect once again on the value of time. Soon, I'll be 38.

Today, my friend and I were chatting and she shared this insight: It's not that we don't have time. We just don't carve out time for that something/someone.

A few hours later while browsing social media, I stumbled upon another friend's post of a clip that says "If we don't make time for friends, we won't have any."

Aren't these realizations about time just timely? Not only is this month all about my birthday, but our son's first birthday too. On the 16th will be Father's Day and my parents-in-law are June birthday celebrants as well! It's really about celebrating life and valuing the gift of TIME to love and be loved.

It made me smile remembering how this blog had been a huge part of this journey. I started this in 2005 so it'll turn 2 decades old next year!

One of the reasons why I love to write on this online diary is because time slips through our hands like sand. Updating this blog somehow gives me comfort that my older self will be reminded how moments felt like, what my goals used to be, and how far I've traveled. I'm just like that - sentimental. And writing makes me feel so alive.

So, to my 38-year-old self who will soon be here, keep savoring those moments. Keep writing.

Comments

Popular Posts