Exchanging Gifts

Our team at work is making plans for our Thanksgiving annual reunion. This year, we'll be incorporating Secret Santa with a budget of 500 pesos. Something made me smile while organizing this as I had to write my own wish list. This exercise made me pause in appreciation because it seemed hard for me to answer "What do I really want to receive this year?"

I realized that despite the inflation rate and the fact that nothing is secure nowadays, I still find contentment in what we have. With God as our provider before and after having a child, I have the resources now to buy both needs and wants. Wise spending is also key here, because I got to save money through the years which provides a degree of comfort and peace of mind in this ever-changing world and amid adult responsibilities.

With maturity also comes the awareness of what's really worth my time, effort, and financial resources. I rarely experience buyer's remorse because I think a lot and research before purchasing. Renting a studio apartment also helps us maintain a minimalist lifestyle, as we only keep things that we currently use. Clothes, shoes, and accessories we no longer wear? Makeup that isn't expired but I no longer reach out for? Gadgets I want to replace? Selling these makes space for new things while partially covering the cost of my next purchase!

This blog entry wouldn't be complete without revealing what I put on my wish list. LOL.

1. Logitech wireless mouse
2. Earrings from Seek Shine
3. Educational toys (good for 3-5 years old)
4. Digital weighing scale (for human)

Let's see if I'm gonna change my mind about any of these.

Comments

Popular Posts