Multiplex and Betamax Were Life


Though I have not really become a singer, my love for music started early and lives on. I have clear memories of our smaller karaoke called Music Mate, where my family used to play casette tapes like:


Then we upgraded to our Miyata karaoke worth 10,000 pesos during the 90s. I used to sing children's songs to my sister with this:


So when I was already in high school and our Music teacher Mrs. Catotocan required us to perform using a multiplex tape, I already had an advantage with my very own collection:


It was something that I always had with me, so even without consciously planning, my post-grad thesis was also about Filipino music!

And recently, while deciding among things that have to be thrown away, I spotted Betamax tapes like this one:


Imagine! Before Magic Sing, we had tapes that let us choose among six songs. Hehe.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice Post keep updating like this,

http://www.selfcarinsurance.com/

Auto Car Insurance

Self Car Insurance
TinLopez said…
Hi are you selling the children song multiplex? If not, i hope you can convert and upload the songs in youtube... im not sure if it's the same with the set of cassette tapes i had before when i was young... mine before has a coloring book with lyrics ... i am really looking for it so i can share the songs with my daughter.
diavanille said…
I'm also curious about the children's songs. Lol If you're selling it I'd be willing buy it but if not, can you kindly convert it to mp3 if that is not too luch to ask ofc. Hehehehe

Popular Posts