The “Special Week”


It all started on a rainy Sunday evening when he just arrived from Puerto Galera and did a surprise visit to bring some pasalubong. He stood by the church at the corner of the street  and waited for two hours, notwithstanding the rain, mosquito bites, closing establishments, and the dark of night.

And finally, we met by the roadside and walked home. I was still about to recover from the bad cough and fever and it was just sweet of him to bring oranges, a small white bear, and a white top from Galera. The white bear by the way, is something I bring to work everyday just like a stress ball that perfectly fits my hand. It seems impossible to lose patience, be sad, or get irritated when you have this cutie in front of your desktop.

And when I was finally able to go to work, he set part of his day to have lunch and stroll at the nearby mall. After enjoying the hearty meal of Chicago White Pizza, Roast Chicken ,and Baked Ziti, He patiently waited and helped during my shoe-shopping. This isn’t something that we usually do, due to our schedules. He works during the day and I, at night. I often sleep my Saturdays away or do home works. Sundays of course, are spent with the family.

What’s funny is that he asked to meet me again the following day, but just for a short while before going to work. We headed to SM Cubao this time, and bought / ate nothing. Hehe.

The fun part was when he visited at home again to do some cleaning. Yes, using the surface and air sanitizers he brought for sampling. :D We tested it first on the computer table and it worked fine that he even kissed the tabletop. Haha!


And another Sunday came. A very special day indeed, as we celebrated his mom’s 65th birthday. For the first time, I met his family and they genuinely made me feel at home.


Popular Posts