Looking Back: 2013


Like my other year ender posts, writing this made me reflect on how life unfolded as a series of choices. Though you may have said “no” to some opportunities, there shouldn’t be room for regret so long as you diligently decided for yourself. Years are passing by quickly. At 27, I don’t just strive to do things I like but also encourage other people to do so.


I am thankful for my successful thesis proposal defense in August. Going back to school taught greater perseverance, courage, and independence. This year, there were no more classes to attend and we seldom get together as a group. It has been extremely important to establish my own pace and stick to the goals set. It also required patience to wait and take one step at a time.

I can say that the biggest thing in 2013 is Pearl’s departure on September 25 to finally settle with her husband in the US. I will forever remember our craziness, baking attempt, food adventures, shopping, with a lot of story-telling. And just so you know, I didn't dare to label her "best friend" knowing that it may send the shivers down her spine (hehe). But this didn't diminish the bond we had.

The Hibu rally was held in November. I am grateful and inspired after being recognized as a top performer. Being with the company for two years, we are fulfilled with the work that we do each day. We also got to help organize and host the department Christmas party held December 21.

Sometimes you don’t have to rush or do anything, but just pause and take pleasure in watching things happen. You wouldn’t want to be too busy and let wonders pass you by. I'm ready, 2014!

Popular Posts