Post-Graduate Souvenirs

In our college, the thesis is the final requirement for the conferral of the Master's degree. Once the course work is finished, one takes the MA Candidacy Exam which is comprised of questions about Theory, Research and Practical Issues. If passed, students can proceed to the Thesis Proposal stage where they select an adviser depending on the thesis topic. After a series of revisions, I embarked on the Data Gathering and Thesis Writing phases. Again, there was a series of revisions before the Defense.

I remember the days when my post-graduate thesis was still in progress. Data gathering was the part I enjoyed most. Titled "A Political Economic Analysis of Original Pilipino Music and State Policies Promoting OPM," radio monitoring and interviews were the methods.


As one of my life goals came into fruition, I celebrated with my family, boyfriend and high school friends. What made the occasion even more special is that Gianne and I graduated at the same time.




Here's a picture with EJ Cabanawan (Film) and PJ Erpelo (Broadcasting) while waiting for the College of Mass Communication ceremony to begin at the Film Center:

From left to right: EJ, MJ and PJ!

It's our pleasure to graduate on the College of Mass Communication's
golden jubilee year. (Grabbed from PJ Erpelo's Facebook Timeline)
What a joyous day it was! And the journey continues.

Comments

Popular Posts