The Week That Was

It rained.

I’m getting this odd feeling about my work. This week, it gave me heartaches: A dispute with my editor... Facing the possibility of my guest backing up with the unavailability of a cameraman who will shoot at the restaurant before our live. It’s just too disappointing when some people don’t cooperate while you’re giving your all. Some people meanwhile, expect too much from you without daring to look at the situation you’re in. They only see themselves. But I understand, for this case isn’t unique. These same people might have experienced it too: Giving their best efforts without being appreciated. I’m proud of not having cried at work despite the pressure, but hey, they just don’t have an idea how I feel. I refuse to be emotional when someone’s looking, because it’s part of being professional. I spoke with someone’s who’s about to resign and she advised me to just hang on because I’m still doing great.

Having said all of these, I thought, I don’t want my life to just revolve around my job.

I’m getting back to my toes by focusing my attention on other things. Like today, JP, Jonjon, and I went to Linden Suites for a talk on Social Entrepreneurship. We also talked about our Christmas party on the 27th. Si Bagz daw, may commitment issues.

Dahil naging busy na rin ako sa dire-diretsong taping at madalas ginagabi, hindi ko na rin naikuwento ang reunion namin ni Marrian, Karen, and Raymond. It bothers me that I feel like throwing up with just one bottle of San Mig Light while we were at Vince’s house, pero nasakyan ko naman si Juvy sa trip niyang Vodka Tonic at Kamikazee when we went to Embassy to cover an event. Kanina, bumanat ng joke ang nanay ko. Anong hayop daw ang palaging lasing? Giraffe. Dahil lahat sila, may long neck.

May isa pang adjustment ngayong week na ‘to. Dahil isa na akong retainee (read: wearer of a retainer), I had difficulty pronouncing words with S, CH, and J. Sinimulan ko sa madalas na pagbigkas ng “Chickens on the seashore.” Before, I also tried substituting words like: “Manok” for chicken and “natatanggal” for naaalis. Inaalis ko rin muna ang retainer kapag pinapatawag ng boss naming si Ma’am Viz. Mahirap kasing bigkasin ang “Viz” at baka maging “Vith.”

Well anyways, please do watch our She Ka Monday with features on the Cubao Expo Holiday Bazaar. Grabe pala ang December sa NBN. Loaded ang producers, writers, and editors dahil kailangang magbangko ng episodes. Tapings galore! Nakakatuwa dahil both Dec 25 and Jan 1 are Thursdays. Nood kayo ha.

Popular Posts