Busiest Week So Far

July 27, Monday, Pre-Sona program "Ulat Sa Bayan, Patunay ng Mamamayan"
I was assigned to be one of the studio writers, call time at 4:30 am. Had to refresh my running skills, which were prerequisites to efficiently sequence the radio reports coming in, the remote correspondents standing by, guests to be interviewed, and news items to be delivered by the anchors. Points of concern: The director, chargen operator, and Radyo ng Bayan coordinator (who was very friendly btw!). Funny that I experienced one hour passing by with only half of my sequence fulfilled. The occasion was graced by the presence of guests from the Technology Resource Center, TESDA, DOLE, and the National Youth Commission. (I must acknowledge Ludwig for letting me finish my script in their home last Saturday while we were having a reunion with high school friends.)

That day, I appreciated how all departments of NBN worked together and maximized their resources for one event. Our division head also recognized the team’s efforts, especially our produced VTR reports. Here goes Juvy, using her radio for the first time.


July 28, Tuesday, Shoot at the AFP Medical Center

The lightest day of the week. Just conducted two interviews in the morning (realized that the script has to be revised for the last time) and went back to NBN for At Your Service live.

July 29, Wednesday, Editing Day 1

July 30, Thursday, LOADED!

Woke up at 4:00 to pull out at 5:30 for remote She Ka about the MIMAROPA region. Back to base and met our mascot guest for At Your Service, Officer BOH (for Badge of Honor).


Right after the show, Juvy, Tita Ems, Aira, and I pulled out for our shoot at Pier 13. The Colombian Naval Training Ship visits the country to strengthen diplomatic relations and showcase their history. Hence, my first time to ride a ship.


The tour ended in time for our next shoot at NBC 10 Taguig for the second leg of the Metrowear fashion show which had the Young Designers’ Guild and the Fashion and Design Council of the Philippines sharing the stage for the first time. Watch our feature on Monday, between 8:00 – 9:00 am!


July 30, Friday, Editing Day 2


Finished four VTRs for airing on Monday and took home things that cluttered my desk. Given more free time in the future, I’m gonna get rid of the tapes that have been surrounding me for quite a while now.

This week may have been my busiest so far, but it is one that I carried with much grace and where I got most of my new experiences. Good that I’m getting used to everyday challenges, most of them coming as surprises. (Surprise here being defined as a task that is assigned to you at the spur of the moment.) Gotta go to sleep!

Popular Posts