It happens.

And it happened to me. I know the questions that he might be asking, the pain that he might experience, the excuses that I might be giving. It's a weird feeling, to have both happiness for finding the one, and the preparedness to say goodbye to someone whom you still care about.

I know because I've been there at the losing end. And I don't want him to lose this time. But I know I needed this break... after the castle has been built and after talks about forever. How could this happen to me?

I can easily say that it's no longer of my control. But why did I entertain? He did everything for me and is willing to do so much more, how can I let go?

And I can't confide with a best friend because I'm fully aware of how selfish it could get.

But after all, I'm willing to assume the character I'm not, at this very important point in time.

Popular Posts