The Temporariness of Things

Realizing the truth in the statement that we are only transient beings and that we cannot hold on to anything too tightly, I resolved to look back at 2011 with gratitude. The temporariness of things do not make them less valuable.

This year, I went on to take the remaining courses in our MA program. I am still happily treading the path as a student. Despite a career shift from TV to web, the big picture - that logical piece of excelling in the practice of communication - is still vivid in my head. Everything seemed to fall into place. Perfect scheduling.

In 2011, I enjoyed our class productions. My partner and I were able to come up with our ethnographic documentary on urban living, focusing on the dynamics of waiting. Together with our classmates, we were given the opportunity to show the final output to the public.

In March 2011, I took a trip to New Delhi for the India-ASEAN Business Fair and Conclave and the Delhi Dialogue. The experience had been educational, challenging, and enriching also in the sense of establishing friendships.

Locally, I also traveled a lot through our lifestyle program at PTV. Bohol, Dinagat Islands, Nueva Ecija, and Isabela served as our generous hosts.

Family life remains to be a happy one, with weekend activities, occasional weekday adventures, and the simple warmth of being together. I wouldn't trade this inspiration for anything else.

Love also taught its deepest lessons this year, with the ultimate concept of sacrifice, giving, and expanding yourself toward unfamiliar territories. For everyone, this passage remains something to ponder on: "Love is patient. Love is kind. It is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

People come and go, but friends don't. No matter how fast time passes by, how experiences overwhelm us, true friends remain. And this is another thing I'm thankful for as I welcome 2012.

Happy new year!

Comments

Popular Posts