Singapore For A Week

Before being able to travel abroad, I was just imagining how orderly Singapore is. With all the positive comments and write-up about the city-state, I put it on top of my bucket list as I aimed to see other Asian countries before I turn 30.

And it didn't disappoint. Instead, it made me wish for better things for our own country primarily the transport system and discipline despite the lack of police visibility. During my stay there from February 20 to 27, I reached my destinations only via the MRT and walking. Being a luxury due to high fares, I only rode a cab once from Resorts World to Little India, the location of my hostel.



Unlike in the Philippines where you'd see taxis with different company names, Comfort and SMRT are the common ones in SG.
Colorful structures line the streets of Little India.

Day 1 - Universal Studios; City Sightseeing
I have photo bombers cheering for me. Yay!
Doing this while traveling solo. Haha!
In a 24-hour period, I took advantage of the hop-on hop-off tour bus. They provide earphones for the guided tour.

Day 2 - Cable Car (Sentosa, Siloso, Harbour Front)






Day 3 - Chinatown; Dinner with Levin Torres

This was my first time to visit SG so I didn't waste the chance to meet up with high school friends.

I was not feeling well but Levin turned things around when he brought me to this congee and dimsum place.

Levin pretends to be a tour guide. An excellent one indeed!
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, Chinatown
Habang tumatagal, tuma-tambay mode na!

Day 4 - Dinner and Merlion Park with Niña Perello (Light and Water Show)




Day 5 - Shopping at Bugis

Similar to our Greenhills Shopping Center, this hub was just walking distance form my hostel.
Excited to bring home pasalubong!
Spotted this street name while thinking about home.

Day 6 - Friday Night at Singapore Art Museum

SAM is also walking distance from my hostel. And since it was a Friday, FREE entrance!
And there was an English tour by Roger too!

Day 7 - Changi Airport

The Enchanted Garden, Departure Area



Comments

Popular Posts