Thoughts at Age 30

I'm becoming a fan of the activity usually termed as "soul searching." But I believe it should be called "soul rejuvenation" or "soul restoration" instead. We don't really search for something that was lost. It's been there all along - whenever I say "In all things I do, I give my whole heart and soul."

Regardless of terminology, the essence of this momentary pause is this: It is time spent on reflection, contemplating until you're able to tell yourself "I know what I really want, and I'll follow my heart."

Before my 30th birthday, the biggest change that I welcomed this year is teaching in the university. After one semester, I describe it as a sea of mixed emotions. It's not easy, but it's a joyful experience. It's a test of character. If you think you are patient, think again. *wink

Handling a thesis proposal subject had been challenging and fulfilling. It's full of surprises, to say the least. At the end of it all, your students make you proud with their accomplishment, given that this is their first shot at communication research writing.

Another big change is embracing singledom again. Contrary to my previous experiences, it has not been difficult to stay friends with him. We are "among the best people" that each other had met. I guess this will change the notion that "You can't be friends with your ex. You can only be if you still love each other, or you did not really love in the first place."

While some people dread turning 30, I am proud. I am excited and ready. We are still young and we'll take on the world! Let's do this.

Comments

Popular Posts