Celebrating Christmas and Friendships

After a few years that I've worked the night shift, 2016 became an exciting time for me to go to reunions and small meet-ups once again. I actually missed it, and now, more life changes and adulting issues are at hand. We could imagine ourselves reuniting someday talking about retirement. Haha!

For my last blog entry this year, here's a list of this month's events:

1. Achorn International and Manila Typesetting Company Christmas Party - I got the opportunity to host the event held at City Garden Grand along Makati Avenue. The night was fun-filled with the showcase of talents, raffle prizes and the Stars of the Night contest. It was also a night of appreciation for the employees who stayed with the company and are continuously contributing to its growth.

2. My Cousin's Wedding - The family went to Cavite to witness Ron and Gizelle's big day. Unfortunately, heavy traffic and getting lost (thanks to the church of the same name in Waze) made us miss the church ceremony (and I was supposed to be one of the bridesmaids!). We still made it to the garden reception.

3. University Christmas Party - The institutional celebration was held at the gym on December 16. We liked the blue and white theme, the comic host, the programme, the simple gifts and treats. I just had to work on the 20th to encode final grades and the vacation officially started. Yey!

4. Lunch at Tita Pet's - This is a yearly tradition for the Conti family. We just savor a hearty lunch together, share stories and give gifts especially to the kids. I missed Pinoy Henyo this year though, since I'm sure to be the champ. ;-) Hehe

5. Wisdom Reunion (High School) - Since the perennial organizer JP is in Hawaii for grad studies, Karl Edejer took over and my, what a successful event it was! We had dinner at Dong Juan (Mother Ignacia cor Sct. Reyes QC) and also went to Afters for coffee and desserts. As usual, I had the chance to catch up with close friends Belong, Bagz, Paul and Rap. Sugar/Paz became my partner food critic. We were the new Taste Buddies. Haha!

Analyn, Marrian, Ron and Lud should have been there too! Before leaving, we reminisced the days when we used to go to Heights Studio for barkada pics. Hihi

6. Date with hibu Friends Lori and Neil - We decided to meet up at Cubao before Neil's shift. It started at Buddy's in Shopwise then Lori and I extended the kwentuhan over coffee until 2:30 am.

7. Broad Dinner (Upcoming College Reunion) - I am looking forward to seeing my batchmates again, this time, at Galileo Enoteca. We thought that after years of working, we deserve a fancy platter of cheeses, gourmet food and wine. Haha!

There goes my December list. A prediction says I'll be attending more parties in 2017. Hmmm... I wish for more travels too!

Comments

Popular Posts