Frames and Lenses

I started wearing glasses when I was 29. It was on August 6, 2015 when I finally couldn't deny the need for it, with a 25-50 vision. A minor issue, you might think. Yet, shopping and commuting started to be inconvenient for me then. Reading signs and hailing public transport became challenges as I squinted. Poor visual recognition also made my friends think that I just didn't bother to greet them during encounters!

Since I was a newbie eyeglass wearer then, aesthetics and price were my only concerns. The lens size and frame weight didn't come to mind and so the purple frame above appealed to me (got my glasses for 2,400 bucks only). Because of the low grade, I was lazy in wearing and bringing those glasses with me, which probably contributed to my worsening eyesight. After a year, in December 2016, I had a 50-75 vision and I opted for lightweight glasses with Nikon lenses (3,280 pesos). As you can see in the picture, it had a narrow frame which was problematic when looking up or down.

More recently, on July 2017, my grade rose to 125-125. Since black frames are in vogue and I wanted bigger lenses, I got my latest pair for just 3,900 bucks. Since Crizal Prevencia was a bit expensive, I chose Crizal Forte UV.

Worsening eyesight is still alarming though. I believe gadgets are to blame for accelerating it.

I even tried OptiMask Pro, an eye massager that promised to help improve eyesight through magnetism and acupunture. You might have seen it through Facebook ads too. The testimonials were convincing and besides, I bought when the initial price had been reduced significantly. Oh well, it is still relaxing to use.


Also, when I went for a complete eye checkup (free with my PAGIBIG Loyalty Card), the doctor from George Optical said that my eyes are very dry. Now, I'm using Optive lubricant eye drops. The box is good for one month and costs 715 pesos.

My eyes are worth saving up for. It could be costly but, I'd rather spend on it than on makeup and luxuries. Oh well, good food of course, is out of the question. Hehe.

Comments

Popular Posts