Some Things Never Change

After two classes graduating, a team going through cross skilling, my schedule getting crazy, and a team to handle at work, this had been an opportune time to reconnect with my former Filipino teacher and friend, Ma'am Editha.



I went to the high school building but was told that her office is now in grade school. Arriving at the grounds halfway through lunch, I dropped by the Lourdes church - a place I truly missed. Not only did I spend my days as a student here, I also gained friends through our all-girls church organization.



As 1 PM struck, I got to meet Ma'am Editha again. Though my main purpose was to purchase raffle tickets for the 65th anniversary, I knew deep in my heart that our conversation would be a breath of fresh air. We talked about what I'm doing now, my classmates, and a lot of funny stories. Ma'am said she already thought of me being a teacher someday because during recitation, I was so daldal as if engaging in a debate. And I said "Hindi naman po ma'am. Shy type po kaya ako." You could just imagine her reaction. Hahaha! But kidding aside, LSQC was where I went out of my shell. I used to be quiet in grade school. (Hoping that my grade school classmates won't get to read this!)



Sixteen years after graduating high school, it still seems like yesterday. Many things have happened and changed within me, but the essentials remain. Reconnecting with the past reminded me why I'm doing what I do now, and my heart says this is where I want to be.


Comments

Popular Posts