New Year's Resolutions


I find it effective when resolutions are written so here's a rundown of things I've already started working on before the clock struck 12:

1. Avoid eye makeup - Though I'm not really putting too much stuff on my face specially the eye area, I will now avoid applying eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner which can irritate this sensitive part. Luckily, I get compliments about my natural lashes and brows so there's really no need to put on products. That's a time saver too!

2. Wear eyeglasses every day - With number 1, I can just maximize the use of nice eyewear to complement my face. But more than an accessory, I find it beneficial to wear corrective glasses because it helped me stay at just 1.00/1.25 vision for two years now. It also protects the eyes from harmful elements.

3. No more hugot lines - Though most people find these funny, I realized that there are better sources of humor. Even if hugot lines are said in a not so serious manner, maybe it still affects me or my subconscious. These can make me bitter even if I shouldn't be anymore. Yes, there's a period when it's okay to be bitter but soon as healing started, one should avoid backsliding.

4. Less browsing on social media - While staying connected through social media has always been a good thing for me (hence I never deactivated or deleted Facebook and Instagram accounts), anything in excess is bad. Remember in my travels, I prioritized being in the moment rather than taking photos. Let's recall Pope Francis' advice for us to disconnect from our phones. As for me, lessening social media consumption also caters to health reasons.

Comments

Popular Posts