Thank You For Today

The title of my post, I realized, has been a staple of our conversations. The simple things you do, the peace you always carry, and our quiet understanding since day 1 are just some of the reasons to be grateful.

What does it mean when I say "you made me understand the unsaid?" I used to be a fan of conversationalists. Well, we have good conversations and we click. But you're not really the type who talks a lot, especially with other people. Even at times when they think you should have reacted or have been triggered, you have this unique ability of keeping your calm. I like that about you. It's a different kind of strength. And so now, I am more sensitive. I catch myself being more aware of the things you like and dislike. I look at you and somehow feel what you feel. Isn't that amazing?

With you, I can be as natural as if I'm with my girl best friend. Someone else commented that she has never seen me this happy, without hiding any side of my personality when you're around. Maybe it's good that we've known each other at work for almost two years. I've seen how you behave around our colleagues and didn't feel the need to switch to a different mode. Another friend also noticed one thing we have in common: Corny jokes. Hehehe!

Thank you for smiling with me on days when I'm intense. When I burst with laughter, start dancing, and record funny personal videos. Thank you for saying things like "You make me feel loved each time" and "I've never been this happy."

I trust you. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts