Learnings at 36

I wanted to put a few notes here after significant changes that happened recently. Good or bad, these events made me a lot stronger and contributed towards maturity. The most important thing is cultivating self-awareness over the years.

1. I learned to be straightforward, keeping that candid persona and not hesitating to express my thoughts and feelings. But at the same time, I also aim for balance by asking in every situation "How would the other person perceive this message? Is it kind, true, and beneficial?"

2. Don't be afraid to take the lead and take the road less traveled. Being bold entails asking questions that others haven't asked yet. Leadership is a journey and through time and experience, you'll find that you're ready. Good communication, vision, and sincerity are the values that most successful leaders have. Aim for it!

3. Relationships are important and they all require effort. I still think of a plant that needs watering as a perfect analogy.

4. Win some, lose some. There's always a tradeoff and it's a matter of choosing what matters most to you.

5. As a trainer, I learned to listen more than I talk. A facilitator of learning, that's my role!

Comments

Popular Posts