Of Old Shirts and New Dresses

With changes in my life and routines came the need to reevaluate my wardrobe. I recall that in my childhood days, I never had denim pants because my parents always had me wear Sunday dresses. When there were activities in grade school which allowed us to wear "civilian clothes," I wondered when I would get to own my first pair of maong. In high school, I awkwardly put on my jeans as it didn't feel natural on my skinny teenage body.

In college, it was more of pants and tees in the campus. Since it gets freezy in some of the classrooms, we also almost always brought jackets. I guess it was mostly when I graduated and had my stint in TV writing that I got to explore my personal style. Not only did I start earning money, but I also got exposed to fashion figures and stores. Still, I didn't escape the "manang" label in my succeeding places of work. I even had my friend Pearl who helped me eliminate all the manang clothes from my closet. Haha

Fast forward to today, I still do not keep clothes that aren't worn on a regular basis. Always, the questions for keeping them are:

1. Do I feel confident as I wear this item?
2. Is it comfortable?
3. Does it suit my body type?
4. Is the fabric still of good quality and appearance?
5. Are there occasions that would allow me to wear this?

If the answer to any of those is a No, that piece of clothing ends up being sold or donated. For this company tee though, the answer is Yes to all though I'm no longer connected with them.


With the recent changes in my body, I somehow got tired of going into fitting rooms and going home empty-handed. However, I came across a brand called Bado in a department store and wow! They have nice dresses in the 1,250 pesos and up range. Still a lot better compared with Mango, Zara, or Forever 21. I fit around eight dresses and bought two:



Comments

Popular Posts