How I Spent A Thousand Bucks in Taytay Tiangge

It’s been so many years since I last visited Taytay Tiangge.  To those who are unfamiliar, to me it’s the counterpart of Shein in terms of prices, but it’s in a palengke-style bazaar.

Here’s how I’ve stretched my one thousand pesos yesterday:

₱180 - comfortable pants (already for 2 pieces!)

₱500 - dry fit shorts and yoga shirt (supposedly ₱250 for the short pants and ₱280 for the shirt)

₱50 - toddler socks (3 pairs!)

₱200 - pambahay shorts (4 pieces!)

In this day and age where online shopping is the norm, Taytay tiangge is still worth a visit once in a while. I went here on Sunday noon and there were not a lot of people yet. Still, prepare to sweat a little and do a lot of walking as the tiangge is really really huge.

It’s a good idea to bring your reliable tote bag and dress appropriately, bringing just the essentials. I wasn’t able to take photos as I did not bring my phone yesterday, just wanting to focus on the experience.

Comments

Popular Posts