Mt. Everest

(MY FRIEND ETHEL WITH THE "RESTED VERSION" OF ROMY GARDUCE)

from http://earlmacabulos.blogspot.com/2006/05/leo-oracion-of-philippine-team-1st.html

Warning: If you’re researching about the mountain, give it up. This is just a blog entry regarding being at the peak... of manhood. Heehee.

We are at a party when I overheard my tablemates talking about a friend.
“Lakas ng dating!”
“Maybe it’s in the way he walks.”
“No, it’s the masculinity. He’s so manly.”
“Define manly.”
Silence.

I took the initiative to define it for them. Hence:
Manly – someone at the peak of his manhood.
Manhood – kalagayan ng pagiging ganap na lalaki (UP Diksyunaryo)
Manliness – word not found

So to depict degrees of manliness, use “man enough”, “less of a man”, or simply “he’s so manly!”

As if everything fits into the puzzle, the blogger who posted the picture above wrote: “I hope the second, third and fourth placers will be man enough to accept the results of the race to Mt. Everest.”

Just as I thought that everything was resolved, I learned about another weird thing called “bottomless waiter.” Know what it’s equivalent to? The one you call for an ice tea refill.

I said you should have given it up in the first place.

Popular Posts