My Dad and I

Just thought over the simple things that warmed my heart.

1. Resting my head on his big tummy.
2. Sharing a blueberry vanilla crepe that I craved for. Thought he didn’t enjoy but he still kept a happy face seeing his unica ija satisfied.
3. Nightly heart to heart talk in the front yard. We talk about love and career. I remembered how sad he became upon knowing that I was going into a long distance relationship. He seemed to disapprove at first, but soon told me: "Kung saan masaya ang princess... e di sige.” We talked about the measly starting salary in media yet agreed that it is the most exciting and fulfilling job in the world.
4. Treating him out to dinner and his pamimihasa.
5. Heating the pizza in the oven and bringing it to my room when I’m busy working on the computer. Not to forget my medicine.
6. Consulting his taste when I shop for clothes.
7. The assurance that even guys do tenderly remember past relationships.
8. His sudden requests for me to sing in the videoke during quiet nights.
9. His patience in teaching me how to shift gears, even after I drove into the gutter.
10. His appreciation of my seafood pasta.
11. Getting lost at UP for insisting on fetching me.
12. His eagerness in finding the best deal for an external hard drive while I was doing my thesis. He also did some of the copyreading.
12. The moment he said: I like the attitude. You’re willing to do anything just to move forward.
13. He tolerates my vice of selling P.E.T. bottles, used bond papers, and tetra packs to Mang Nap. Recently, he also wanted to sell the old monitor, printer, and power supply to the same junk shop owner. Now the trunk’s full with all that junk.

We know each other’s heart too well. I believe that my heart is patterned after his.

Popular Posts