A Post-Operative Testimony from The Princess of God

I am His princess. And He saved me... through the hands of the doctor.

But I am not His perfect princess – though I strive to be. I am a princess who sins. I am a princess who once lost confidence; who once believed that I am not good enough for my prayers to be answered. I prayed hard and lost loved ones anyway. There was doubt, whether there is really a reason for everything. If He has a beautiful plan for me. If blessings are just really in disguise.

I thought my soul was strong enough. When I prayed that I wanted to do His will, everything seemed to change. I failed my first job application. I was medically confined before graduation. My wallet was stolen days before my birthday. I had another excruciating attack in June 12.

Finally, it came: A moment that changed my outlook in life. A moment that took all bitterness away – both literally and figuratively. I vomited for eight times as I stayed in the recovery room for seven hours or so.

He was there with me in the operating room, while I was helpless and having difficulty breathing.

He was there when the anesthesiologist let go of the spinal needle.

I heard the doctors chatting while operating on me, and at last when I awoke, Doc said “Ok. Finished.” God is my superhero. He brought me back to my toes. Now, this is how I see things:

If I were immediately employed, I might have been busier than ever and might have totally taken my health for granted. Everything was scheduled perfectly!

With my wallet stolen and a hospital bill, I learned that I would still be able to earn that much and that no one should be too attached with worldly possessions. (Ngayon nga, may job offer na ako!)

At the hospital, I felt so loved. Wala na ‘kong ibang nanaisin kundi ang ipakitang mahal na mahal ko rin si Mahaw at Dadaw, at ang mga kaibigang totoong nagmamalasakit.

Naisip ko rin, single pa rin ako hanggang ngayon. At ang guguwapo ng mga natatapat na doktor sa ‘kin. Tulad na lamang ng cardiologist at gastroenterologist. Hehe. Joke.

Ang totoo, sobrang babait din ng nurses ko. ‘Yung isa, ang galing magtanggal ng IV. Wala akong naramdaman.

I appreciated people more than ever.

Sabi ni Doc, pwede ko nang kainin lahat, kahit lechon. Pero promise, ‘di ‘ko na pababayaan ang kalusugan ko. Magna cum laude nga, pero dahil sa pagka-workaholic, nakakalimutang kumain sa oras.

Ang bata ko pa raw para maoperahan, pero masaya na rin ako sa nangyari dahil naramdaman ko ang sobrang pagmamahal ng Hero ko... at nilang lahat.

At dahil sa mahabang bakasyon, nalaman ko na ang gustong gusto kong maging: Producer at host ng feature o educational programs. Para maibahagi ko sa mga tao ang appreciation ng mga bagay, kahit simple lang ang mga ito sa unang tingin.

Keep it sweet in Jesus’ name. When I was wounded, He made me whole and I’ve never been happier.

Popular Posts