All the Single Ladies

I’m thinking there should be monthsaries to celebrate singlehood too. ‘Coz it’s one joyful journey to knowing and appreciating oneself more.

Last night, Jane and I reverted to our Friday rendezvous. Staple activities like walking from NBN to Mcdo as a warm-up, shopping, basketball, and dining with our newfound hobbies: Driving and walking in dark allies. Without any plans, and getting surprised with myself for staying AWAKE despite One Morning, we stayed at the garden of Trinoma until 12 midnight. My first time to do so.

Fitting clothes gave rise to punchlines like:
Hiraman, hati sa bayaran.
Una siyang naging akin, mula sa mannequin.
Testing n’yo po ma’am. I-fit n’yo.
(Tumatagal sa fitting room) Jane, pakiabot nga ang sabon!
Ang pagkilatis ng tela, dapat may kasamang pagkagat.
(Makaraang hawakan nang matagal ang blouse at pag-iwan dito para mag-withdraw) Napapaisip na ‘ko kung bibilhin ko pa ‘yung blouse. Nabitawan ko na e. Gusto mo ba siya? Magiging masaya ko ‘kung makikita kong isusuot mo’ yon.
Parang ang gaganda ng mga damit ngayon. O gumaganda lang lahat 'pag kasama kita?

But let’s see if Jane can be true to her words. May panata raw siyang kung hindi pa magkaka-BF at age 23, hindi na siya magbo-boyfriend. Adding to that, kung hindi pa siya married by 25, hindi na raw siya mag-aasawa.

I remember telling Bryan that I hope to have a 5-year relationship before getting married. And my ideal marrying age is 28. If that is so, he’s late!

But who cares about these anyway? Let’s just enjoy the ride, wait, and see.

Popular Posts