Turning Down Things

I turned down something I love doing, and knew it was a good decision.

I embrace the free time that I now have for myself. We often block dates on the calendar for "important things" but spending some time alone is rarely scheduled. For the simple reason that my mind and body have to rest too, again, it was the right decision made.

But this does not mean that my workload has been lessened in the office, as I am now handling three days of Sheka and the Friday TMS. But I am just appreciating the balance I'm having between studies, leisure, and job as a writer. And it has been two years!

But above all, I am also happy because of the recollection last Saturday and confession on Sunday. Faith is actually the most important aspect of our being that needs nourishment, but is also often first to suffer when we "rarely have the time." For me, without it, everything becomes dry. I went to meditation 'coz we often KNOW but need to be reminded.

Things of God or things of man? Make time for it.

Popular Posts