Thought Bubbles While Filing for Residency

They say that despite the number of years you've spent in the university, you'll never get used to the enrollment process. Also, you'll never know what you're gonna get until you've secured the machine-printed Form 5 shortly after lunch. For one, I was able to enroll several units within a few hours. But the case seems to be different for filing my residency. (Note: Tuition amounts to Php 1240. Forty for residency and 1200 for library use.)

Here's the series of today's events and some random thoughts:
1. At first instance, the computerized registration system loaded an error message for my account, not allowing assistants to print my form. It was 9am so they just advised me to wait as the machine might still  be "windang".
2. Later, I was just handed a blank form so I can manually list "residency" and have it signed by my adviser.
3. Went back to the college office for assessment. Then went back up to our department for post-advising.
4. Went back to the college office to check if I missed anything, and to verify if I don't need to go through the Student Records Evaluator like what my batchmates did. The person whom I was referred to said I no longer need to do so.
5. On a sunny day, walked from Mass Comm to the ATMs near what I supposed was the Cashier's Office. Discovered that some repair / construction is in progress. Was able to withdraw the amount that I needed though. So... still happy and optimistic. I was advised to go to the ISSI by riding an Ikot jeepney.
6. At ISSI, I was welcomed by the guards saying "Sa registrar na lang po kayo magbayad. Nagkaproblema lang ho ang set up namin. Pero ok na mamayang 1pm." Not wanting to wait for an hour and a half more, I rode another Ikot jeepney to the OUR. At this point I was repeatedly telling myself "Think happy thoughts..." fighting with ideas of "anak ng tokwang malagkit," "kailangan ko ng lakas at determinasyon," "lilipas din ang lahat."
7. Reaching the OUR, notices were posted everywhere : Payment at the 3rd floor. Just found myself walking down towards the 2nd floor, following the end of the queue. Again, happy thoughts please. By chance, an acquaintance also informed me that I have to go back to Mass Comm to sign a form for the compre exam application. @_@ Refer to item #4
8. Again, on a sunny day, walked from OUR to Mass Comm (no jeepneys passing by this time) to quickly sign the form. Then I was welcomed by a note: Lunch break until 1:30. I had time to brush my teeth anyway, noting that I took my latest meal at 6:30 this morning (*COMING FROM THE NIGHT SHIFT).
9. Promising myself comfort and fulfilment after the process, I happily rode a cab on my way home. Nothing beats mom's embrace with a glass of Gatorade.

Comments

Happy Zolie said…
Ha! Magagamit ko itong blog na Ito next semester. Thank you mJ! :)

Popular Posts