Snacks, Snacks, Snacks!


I consider snacking as an integral part of my busy student and work life. I’ve read that we shouldn’t let 4 hours pass without eating. It doesn’t have to be heavy, but just enough to compensate for the spent energy. I am also not the type who counts calories. There are days when I eat to my heart’s content either alone or with friends and family… and this happens often. :D I’d also rather spend big on food rather than on fashion finds.

But we’ll not be talking about my favorite dishes here as this post is dedicated to snacks that one would normally find inside my bag. As some are found in the grocery shelves, some are deemed “kakaiba” or “Pinoy na Pinoy” by my workmates.

1. Cheese Bread

There was supposed to be a separate blog entry about The Legend of the Cheese Bread. Sa trabaho kasi, may tinatawag kaming game room kung saan pwedeng mag-browse for personal use, matulog, at tumambay. Dim lights kaya hindi mo agad-agad mamumukhaan ang mga tao. Pagbukas ko ng cheese bread pack na sinabayan ng mainit na kape, may narinig na lang akong “Kaibiganin mo na para makadukot tayo.” Hindi pa ako naghihinala hanggang sa pagtalikod ko sa magbabarkada, may nagsalita uli: “Abot kamay ko na! Tukso layuan mo ako.” Aba’t parang gagawin ang lahat makakain lang ng cheese bread. Mag-aalok naman sana ‘ko kaso 5 sila at baka wala nang matira. Baka gutom na naman pag sumabak na sa trabaho. At sa paglakad ko palayo, naririnig ko pa rin ang tinig niya, fading out: “There goes my…”

2. Penoy / Balut

3. Bibingka at Puto Bumbong – Perfect partner of the free-flowing green tea at the office! Simbang gabi na. Haha

4. Quaker Oaties – The Mini Oat Cookies with Chocolate Chips, Honey Nuts (my favorite), and Apple & Cinnamon variants.

5. Goya Dark Chocolate Knots – I have always been a fan of dark chocolate, and have never acquired a taste for white. Goya really has a good, affordable line of treats for anyone with a sweet tooth.

6. Salted Sunflower Seeds – Rather than munch on wintermelon seeds, I prefer the sweet and salty taste of sunflower.

7. Hello Panda and Yan Yan – Childhood favorites! When all the bread sticks are already eaten, just dip a finger to savor the thick chocolate. :p

8. Tomi Sweet Corn Chips – I’m not a fan of chips but this is very much welcome, as well as Pringles. Hindi nakakaumay.

9. Kababayan, Banana Bread, and other treats from the neighborhood bakery.

10. Regent’s Lemon Sponge Cake – Used to eating their Pandan, Strawberry, Custard, and Mocha cakes while working, the lemony cream filling of this one has been a pleasant surprise.

Popular Posts