Always A Reason To Go Unli

Once in a while, it’s exciting to avail of restaurant unli promos. Today, I’m sharing my experiences in two establishments, El Cangrejo (Crab, Seafood and Steak Bistro) and Samgyupsalamat.

One of three crab servings we had at El Cangrejo (Blood pressure check, please!)
Compared with a buffet set-up, I prefer how things are done at El Cangrejo. You just have to sit and relax as they serve your order. No rushing to be first in line or worrying that they’d run out of crabs and you’d have to wait for another round. For 899 pesos, you get to enjoy unli crabs, steak, rice and pumpkin soup. El Cangrejo is located at Sgt. Esguerra, Tomas Morato.

Medium rare

Medium well

Pumpkin Soup

Lately, I dined with friends at Samgyupsalamat. It was my first time, though I had quite a similar experience of unli Korean grill at K-Pub a long time ago. Overall, it was good in terms of taste and set-up. I just thought that this establishment could have a better waiting area and queuing system. We had to wait for 2 hours to be seated (never done it before)!

Grilling in progress, Samgyupsalamat

Samgyup (beef) and side dishes

Bulgogi and side dishes


When they say it’s unli pork and beef for 499 pesos, I hope all varieties were available. Unfortunately, only 1 out of 5 kinds of pork was left during our dinner.

Maybe they could also have better parking space or assign a staff to ensure free parking. My friend parked in front of Samgyupsalamat’s signage but a man asked for 50 pesos. I asked if we could give it once we’re ready to leave but he said he already had to buy food. Good thing I got to haggle, thinking I needed to give him something so he won’t do anything nasty.

Comments

Jamal Mohamed said…
Great post on "Always A Reason To Go Unli". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- sugar craft flower courses | piping course dubai

Popular Posts