It Feels Lighter Now

Have you ever broken up with someone yet kept thinking "What if I did this? What if I did that? We might have made it work." Then you went back together, optimistic more than ever, yet ended up realizing it was never a two-way street with him? That it was just too much to handle your differences, and it seemed it was just you who was willing. You had your much-needed closure.

I bet you're better now. While I believe in a second chance, I'm not a fan of unli chances. In a world of unlimited things, you want to be special and treated the way you deserve. Respected, at the very least.

If someone is not willing to listen and cannot be relied on for small things, what more for bigger challenges that marriage entails?

You did your best, telling him what you want so he could work on it. He didn't like mind games, after all. But it was just a no for him. Not his comfort zone. His brain told him he couldn't, and he gave in. Ironically, he blamed fate. He thinks you only thought about yourself (yup, despite your sacrifices and compromises) and life is just the way it is.

Come on. We are liable for our own actions. You saved yourself from a passive, selfish, and pessimistic partner.

And so I didn't regret sending him that piece of poetry. Because then I knew what I meant to him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts