My First Blog Post for 2022

Two months after the biggest trial we surpassed, I'm now feeling better physically and am now able to do chores like before (even got my hands on the steering wheel again last night). Emotionally, writing my thoughts and hearing other mothers' personal experiences helped me cope.

One day, I was able to put makeup on again and after some have expired, these remained:


One of my New Year's resolutions is to keep makeup purchases to a minimum and be reminded that "laughter is the best cosmetic."

What also helped my recovery is going outside while observing health protocols. It was hard when most of my time was spent in the bedroom and there was nothing much I could do. But when holidays came, I was already able to join my loved ones while strolling. We also had our first K-BBQ of the year.




I am inspired by yesterday's homily to say that as we welcome the new year, may we pray not just for more blessings, but to learn to be thankful for the blessings we already have. Last year's greatest sorrow? It still made me experience the wonder of pregnancy and made me a mom. It made me endure pain beyond my imagination (physically and emotionally) but it also taught me to heal little by little and appreciate the power of the human spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts