The Fewer, The Better

One lesson I've learned from buying lippies is that it's not always a case of "the more, the merrier."

1. I felt like I haven't maximized each one's potential nor fully appreciated each product before it hit its expiration date. There's more than one way of applying (gradient, full color, or even layered) but because there are other lippies in my kit, there was less time to experiment.

2. I took note of products which were expiring first, so I could use them more often. Since I had to discard these when the time came and only small amounts were used, it's still a waste.

3. Sometimes I think if investing in five or less lipsticks/tint (Charlotte Tilbury, Fenty, Glossier, and Benefit) is better than having twenty and up of more affordable brands (Happy Skin, Ellana, Snoe, Sunnies, Pink Flash), and having to throw some without fully consuming those.

So far, I feel accomplished because as the new year came, I was able to trim my stash to just 14 shades. There's nothing in my cart now, I promise!

To help me easily pick which one to wear, I put each one on my arm and also compiled photos showing how it looks on my lips. This can also help me choose wisely if the temptation to buy is too strong to resist.





Comments

Popular Posts