My Favorite Cuisines

More than ever, we Filipinos are exposed to various cuisines. Though we are still experiencing the aftermath of a pandemic that took the best of us in 2020, there are still new restaurants opening, new recipes we're trying based on what we see online, and new concepts that our kababayans are bringing home with them after traveling the world.

Lately, I've renewed my passion for exploring dining spots in Manila. Not necessarily the new ones, but even those that have been around for quite a while but our family hasn't tried out yet. Some, we already had, but it's time to rediscover what they have to offer. We had our recent food trips in Tipsy Pig and House of Minis (I didn't take photos of the latter but we had their Chateaubriand for two and Tenderloin).
Tipsy Kare-Kare uses bagnet and a special peanut sauce that made the dish stand out from other versions I've tried.
Tipsy Pig's pan seared Angus Ribeye served with my favorite side, mashed potato

Since I've been thinking a lot about food lately, here's a list of cuisines arranged in order of my preference. I recalled all cuisines that I've already tried and ranked them. Notice that our own food is still number 1 in my heart!

1. Filipino
2. Japanese
3. Chinese
4. Vietnamese
5. American
6. Greek
7. Italian
8. Spanish/Mexican
9. Korean
10. Thai
11. Singaporean
12. Indian

Comments

Popular Posts