Our New Life

After celebrating the holidays in Manila, we moved to the province where we plan to settle for a year or two. It's more of going with the flow, because tomorrow is not promised.

It pleased me how easy and reasonably priced booking a small truck is. Unlike years ago when you find a Lipat Bahay truck with pahinante by looking at electrical posts by the street or at newspaper ads, getting a driver and assistant is just clicks away.

We moved out on a Saturday and brought parakeets Perry and Cardo with us. The Lalamove booking together with toll fee and tip cost 2,500 pesos. Our four lovebirds Paul, Zara, Vico, and Diamond found a new home in my ninang's. Java Finches Penny and Guin are staying with my parents.

One of the things I noticed since my first day here is how time passes by so slow. Food options are wider and healthier. We don't need to spend as much as we do in Manila and it's easier to satisfy our needs on a daily basis. It's close to living stress-free.

Life is teaching me yet another lesson. Simplicity is beauty and I don't want to hold on to a lot of material things. Even as we tried to live with just the essentials during our two years of marriage, I still felt like we could have let go of other stuff to make moving out easier. Now, I am more mindful before making any purchase!

But there's one thing I won't regret spending on. So let's end this post with some good food!




Comments

Popular Posts