Peace and Calm

It's almost three weeks since we moved to the province and for somebody who's lived in Manila all her life, it's a drastic change but one that I'm embracing and appreciating now. No big malls, less noise and calls towards consumerism, definitely less traffic (though there is still heavy traffic in some parts), and no need to rush things.


Some who are used to the city life may find it boring: Looking at the same scenery, missing the multitude of restaurants we have in Manila and even the popular brands we see when shopping. But I also know that many of us dream of retiring in the province, largely because of the peace and quiet while we enjoy the fruits of our labor. Besides, I am also in the process of exploring new things in our area such as relaxing spots we've never been to before or food establishments we haven't tried yet.

We liked the cheeseburger and tsokolate batirol. Okay fine, they aren't a perfect match but, to each his own!

There are many food parks to discover!

What I find most satisfying is the ability to just sit down or walk by the lake, feeling the gentle breeze on my face, looking at a rainbow, and being truly present. Living in the now.

Holding my husband's hand, I always say "Anywhere with you." Ah, the best things in life.

Comments

Popular Posts