How We Celebrated My 37th

My parents came over here in Laguna to celebrate my birthday! With my husband's parents and sister, we had a reservation for lunch at AuraVel Fusion Cuisine which everyone enjoyed. I personally recommend their Crispy Pata, Crispy Liempo Kare Kare, Chicharong Bulaklak, and Garlic Parmesan Wings. I was already full so I haven't tasted the Vietnamese Spring Rolls but my sister-in-law liked it. We also had a pitcher of lemonade which was so refreshing and sulit.



We accompanied my parents while checking in at Tahanan Lakeview where I booked a deluxe room. Since they arrived on a Sunday and Monday was Independence Day, it was the perfect time to stay overnight instead of having to travel back to Manila after our activities. We were able to stroll along Sampaloc Lake and have dinner at Cafelandia too.

Seafood Pesto Pasta

Clubhouse

American BBQ Ribs

The next day, mom and dad had breakfast at the hotel and a morning swim. They enjoyed the pool since weather was good and the water temperature was just right. After checking out, we went to SM and had lunch at Mesa.



Four of us shared a half slab of Crispy Pork Belly. Like previous dishes we've tried here, this is tasty and flavorful together with the dips. One is lechon sauce, another is garlic ranchy, and the last one is buro (the one I liked the least). It was also served with lettuce and cucumber.


Though food here is great, our sinigang na baboy sa pinya at bayabas was only served towards the end of our meal. It was supposed to come first since we wanted to warm our tummies with its hot and sour soup.

With a cup of steamed rice for each of us, two watermelon shakes, and a can of soda, the total bill for this meal was 1600+ pesos.

Their other dishes are worth trying since we always got their All Seafood Sampler before. When it comes to Filipino food, Mesa stays in my list of favorites together with Manam and Kuya J.

Comments

Popular Posts