We Have a 2-Month Old!

It was just last month when I wrote about the tough newborn phase. But today I'd like to celebrate our milestones. We can already say that the days are getting a bit easier. It could be because we have already established routines and two, it's true that the first two months are the most difficult while a couple adjusts as first-time parents.

1. Unlike before when baby sleeps long during the day (9 am - 2 pm) and again in the evening (7 pm - 10 pm), usually crying in the wee hours, he now has a predictable sleep routine from 9 or 10 pm until 3 am. He then wakes up every two hours for breastfeeding.

2. My heart melts as he smiles and coos more often. It seems as if he's already engaging in conversations with me, his dad, and his grannies.

3. He follows movements when someone walks past.

4. He can now lay on his tummy and prop himself up on hands.

5. Our breastfeeding sessions have been following the 2 to 3-hour interval now.

We still have those moments when carrying him in an upright position while standing is the only way to soothe him. But I am happy that there are more instances now when he's just awake and playing (with lots of kicking) alone.

I still have a lot of worries at this point but I do my best to surrender everything in prayer every day. We can do this!

Comments

Popular Posts