A Year That's Been Both Difficult and Most Blessed

This year has been a good one, that's for sure. It turned out a lot better than I imagined. This is the time that I encountered the biggest challenges and achieved the greatest rewards. This is true for both my family life and career.

When I look back, I'd like to read about these milestones:

January - We moved to San Pablo, Laguna. I bid goodbye to the BPO and RPO world, focusing on our baby after two pregnancy losses.

May - I taught English to Chinese learners online, and only opened slots during the times I could manage.

June - I gave birth to our son at 38 weeks of gestation. After losing our firstborn due to extreme prematurity, this is something I prayed each day for - to carry our baby until he's fully ready for the outside world.

July - I received a job offer - a work from home opportunity. Something I did not actively seek but came knocking at my door. I was even doubtful of myself at first... Really far from the confident version I used to be. But this is proof that miracles happen. The company was also aware that I would be ready to start working after 3 months.

August - We came back to Manila but my husband and I were not quite ready yet to be on our own, with a newborn. It took us four months before we moved to our new apartment.

September - After our son's baptism, we had a late lunch gathering with family and friends. It was a nice reunion post-pandemic and since we returned to Manila.

October - Still struggling with a routine, I started working from home. One of my biggest worries then was how to feed my baby. A breast pump and small box of pedia-recommended infant formula as backup worked for us.

December - We celebrated our first Christmas with our baby boy. He's now 6 months old! Things are just so different now and he's definitely a source of joy for the entire family.

Lightscapades on Christmas Day, Eastwood City

Comments

Popular Posts