Taking Risks

Today I did something life changing: Finally telling my boss that I am leaving the network.

Having written my resignation letter about a month ago, I have only come to the decision of walking to her office yesterday. And thankfully, I walked out of that room knowing that she understood, wished me well, and cared for my future.

She is the type of boss who believed I can deliver at all times. She trusted me with a number of responsibilities, a lot of which I felt challenging and new. My three years in PTV have been worthwhile. Despite the tough times, I remained hopeful that eventually, things would turn out fine. I embraced new projects, coped with limitations, and felt fulfilled after each day. Hours have been productive.

In job interviews, it is obvious that I had a great time in the network and that I owe so much from them. Voiceover tapes, sequence guides, scripts, EFP, the studio,… Ate Regine, Nin, Alaine, Bryan, Daivin, Ate Malou, Kuya Ernie, Ate Vivian, Raine, Kuya Richard, Direk Bebbs… They will all be missed.

My letter of resignation was short, and any reason for leaving’s not stated. I intended so because I did not want people attributing my decision to any single reason. I just have to risk going far to find out how far I can go. This is the right time for such risk. Three years is just enough – to enrich my media practice, to strengthen friendships, and to give time for a firm decision.

Popular Posts