Sambokojin Lunch for Mothers' Day

It is always great to bond over food. For me, a delicious meal gives more satisfaction when it is shared. This even seems to explain why sitsirya tastes better when eaten with friends at school than when eaten at home, alone. Hehe. When I stumble upon good food while eating alone, I always think to myself, sana kasama ko si mommy at daddy rito. O kaya naman, next time, isasama ko si (insert friend's name here) rito.

As for buffet restaurants, mothers' day is just one great time to bring mom and dad to Sambokojin. I have just eaten here once with my office batchmates. The experience had been great and it looked like my parents will enjoy it better than the other buffet places we have tried. The closest I could think of is Yakimix which also features Japanese and Korean food. They also enjoyed that but still preferred to order ala carte in other dining places than to spend at least 500 per person for a buffet.

Calling to reserve a table for three the night before proved to be helpful. We were seated shortly after arriving despite being waitlisted and told on the phone that we might be accommodated around 1 or 1:30 pm. They also have a photo booth and a gift pack from Good Housekeeping.

You know how I love Japanese food so tempura, makis and sashimis were first on the list. For cooking, we got the thinly sliced tender beef marinated in various sauces as well as seafoods. Oh boy, the shrimp with garlic and butter tastes so good! Mom really liked the bacon wrappings.


I am glad that my parents enjoyed the food that we stayed for two hours at the table (including breaks of course)! For dessert, coffee jelly remains my favorite.


Click to add a blog post for Sambo Kojin on Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts