5 Sure-Fire Ways to Save Money

It's one thing to have a mindset that you would be saving for your future and take big steps to achieve it. It's another to be wise and to always be on your toes whenever small temptations or distractions come up. Here's my advice to the gullible:

1. Order a la carte. When I go to KFC for example, I get to know the price difference between the value meal and the a la carte. Not only do I save some, I also avoid the temptation of having soda every time.

2. Make it a habit to inspect the receipt and answer surveys. Did you know that you could get free mashed potato at KFC every time you answer their survey? How about free chicken tenders at Wingstop? Just look at the receipt to see the websites where you could give customer feedback and how to redeem the freebies. Aside from restaurants, gas stations also frequently give back to those who participate in surveys.

3. Thinking of hanging out in your favorite milk tea cafe? Buy Nestea milk tea instead. And buy it from the grocer, not 711. Thai Milk Tea is my favorite variant, followed by Wintermelon. I like having it on the rocks.

4. Sell your stuff on Carousell or donate to Segunda Mana, the fund-raising project of Caritas Manila. We live in a world of excesses, and rather than hoarding or holding on to things that no longer add value to my life, I prefer selling online and putting the other items in donation boxes found in churches. For bigger items and furniture, you can schedule a pickup. The details are here.

5. Stay away from misleading banners such as "50 off" and "eat all you can for 250." For the last tip here in my blog entry, I'm giving everyone a caveat: "50 off" might just mean 50 pesos off and not 50% less, while "eat all you can for 250" might just be the rate for kids. These are my real life experiences recently, so beware!

*This post is not sponsored.

Comments

Popular Posts