The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I always look forward to December because this is when I usually spend time with rarely seen yet close friends. Looking at my post last year, there seems to be a pattern. There is our company Christmas party, a hosting stint, simple family get-together, and a wedding. There's also something new. Here's my December list for 2017:

1. Sorpresa Laroza (December 9) - Paul is a close friend from high school, so when his wife Jhackie texted about a surprise birthday party at McDo and needing help in contacting our other friends, I was very willing and excited! (It's funny that just last month, I also blogged about Haydee's McDo party. My friends are indeed young at heart. Birdie, who's part of Ronald's gang, was present in both parties.)


Photos shared by Paul and Jhackie

2. MTC and Achorn International Christmas Party (December 10) - It was my first time to host their program last year, so when they contacted me again, I gladly said yes. Aside from their traditions (raffle and Stars of the Night), the song and dance performances were impressive. With their talented employees and guest performers, there was no dull moment. My personal favorite is the dance group "The Millennials" comprised of Jayson Ayala, Sarah Borja, Kim Velasquez, Shaira Mae Tolosa, and Justin Dimatulac. Members of the SHE band were also great performers.

Just before the event



3. RJ Tutor Gathering (December 16) - Curious, I didn't pass on the chance to attend the tutor gathering for the first time. Like in the previous smaller event for online tutors, co-tutor Al was there. We joined the games, munched on finger food, and posed for the photo booth.

RJ Tutor Gathering

The activity card asked us to have a photo taken with a Japanese staff, so here's mine with a moment of success: I finally caught the ball using the wooden instrument.

My friend Al is on the top right.

5. AHEAD Dinner (December 22) - Another first, Since I've been with AHEAD for six months. We all had dinner at The Alley by Vikings - The president's treat!

Photo shared by our president, Rossana Llenado

6. Conti Family Lunch (December 23) - Aside from my favorite baked shrimp dish from Conti's (though we aren't related to the owners of the popular bakeshop and resto), this year's highlight is what kept the kids and adults busy: Hatchimals!

From a giant egg, these twin Hatchimals finally met my cousin's daughter Micha

7. Pat's Wedding (December 27) - Pat and I have been friends since 2003, our Communication Arts days. This friendship continued up to when she was already taking Comparative Literature and I, Broadcast Communication. We lost contact when we were already working, and got reunited on Facebook and a chance encounter at Robinson's Magnolia. This is why being invited to witness her wedding is just amazing. Though the journey had been long, it's comforting that I never really lost her as a friend.

During the Christian ceremony, the pastor talked about 7 Marriage Essentials: a. God; b. Commitment; c. Communication; d. Romance; e. Trust; f. Forgiveness; and g. Financial Stability.


With Mr. and Mrs. Elpedez

Tonight, I'll be going to the annual Wisdom reunion. More fun awaits...

Comments

Popular Posts